Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

DAY 5 - Soroa to San Diego

Sarah didn't sleep well and was still not able to stomach a lot. We called a taxi to take her to our next stop, San Diego. I decided I wanted to cycle as it wasn't very far and I'd felt incredibly safe since day one of our trip.
I again had extreme difficulty finding lunch (a tupperware container full of cut fruit from breakfast only goes so far). I finally found a roadside cart where a lady was making little pizza-like creations. It wasn't good, but it was food.
I made it into San Diego and found poor Sarah passed out in bed. It was a quiet town with little to do. I went to check out the local baths which were closed for the weekend, but I was told a five pesos bribe was all it took for the guard to open the door and show me down to the smelly sulfur baths. He was a friendly young man with a young daughter. We had a nice conversation about Cuba during my twenty minute soak after which I was not supposed to rinse which meant smelling like sulfur for the next 24 hours.
Dinner was delicious served at the casa, lots of veggies and rice and beans and fruit. Fuel for the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment